Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Barbour Library Quick Links
Food and Drink
Food and covered drinks are allowed in the library. A limited amount of snacks and drinks are available for purchase via credit or debit card in the Peters Cafe on the first floor. This supply will not be replenished when it is depleted until the seminary resumes dining services.
Quick library info for the fall semester:
- The library will be open this fall semester to PTS students, faculty, and staff only for limited hours and services. Access will be controlled via PTS ID, and the 24/7 space will not be accessible outside of library hours.
- Books will be available for checkout through a twice-weekly (Mondays and Thursdays) request-ahead pickup service in the library lobby. Visit Fall 2020 Book Pickup for instructions on requesting books. Only course reserves will be available for walk-in checkout.
- The circulation desk will not be staffed between 9 and 11 a.m. daily, but the building will be open to increase access for book pickup and the computer lab.
- The 24/7 space is the only area that will be open to non-library staff. Appropriate mask and social distancing procedures should be followed in all communal library areas.
- All circulating books are being quarantined between checkouts, and all books should be returned through the indoor book drop (front of circulation desk) or the outdoor book drop (library front porch).
Off Campus Access
If you are unsure of how to access material in our digital collections when not on campus, see the Remote Access LibGuide for more information. Off-campus accessibility is only provided to PTS students, faculty, and staff, with the exception of ATLAS for Alums. If you encounter problems with remote access, call the circulation desk during library hours at 412-924-1354, or email Alyson Pope or Carrie Carter.
Chat Reference Hours
Visit the Library FAQs page for chat reference. The chat reference window is the 'Ask Us' box on the right hand side of the page (or the bottom of the page in mobile view). Librarians will be manning that window on the following schedule for the fall semester:
Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday
9 a.m.-11 a.m., 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
9 a.m.-11 a.m., 2 p.m.-5 p.m., 7 p.m.-9 p.m.
2 p.m.-5 p.m.
Computers and Copying/Printing
- The computer lab will be available to PTS students, faculty, and staff during library operating hours. Some computers will have an Out of Order sign to indicate that they should not be used to achieve appropriate social distancing in the lab space.
- WiFi is available throughout the building and does not require a password. The network is PTS_Wireless.
- The Xerox copier/printers in the computer lab and on the first floor near the elevator will be available for use. Copies and prints are free, and there is also an option to scan to email.