Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Barbour Library Quick Links
24/7 Library Access
PTS Students, Staff, and Faculty can access the 24/7 section of the building around the clock using their PTS ID. Visit our 24/7 Services webapge for more information.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROCEDURES:
The Library is now open for in-person services for both PTS and non-PTS patrons. Following the seminary's Health and Safety Plan (Phase 3a), the following guidelines must be followed by all patrons:
Only those who receive a green checkmark from the LiveSafe app health check may come to campus.
- All visitors (PTS faculty, staff and students as well as outside patrons) will be asked to show that they have received a green checkmark from the LiveSafe app health check at the Circulation Desk. Any patrons needing to complete the health check will be directed to a kiosk in the lobby to submit their health information.
- Effective September 1, a universal mask mandate is in effect for the seminary campus, including the library. Masks are required for all library patrons and guests, regardless of vaccination status.
- Room occupancy limits will be observed at 75% of their normal capacity. Occupancy limits are posted outside of all meeting and group study rooms.
- Social distancing of at least 3 to 6 feet is to be observed.
Thank you for adhering to these guidelines so that all patrons may have continued access to the library. For more information, please visit the seminary's Coronovirus Preparedness page.
Off Campus Access
If you are unsure of how to access material in our digital collections when not on campus, see the Remote Access LibGuide for more information. Off-campus accessibility is only provided to PTS students, faculty, and staff, with the exception of ATLAS for Alums. When entering your last name to log in for electronic access, omit hyphens, apostrophes, and spaces. If you encounter problems with remote access, call the circulation desk during library hours at 412-924-1354, or email Carrie Carter, Mark Russell, Tisha Woo, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The reference room on the first floor is designated for quiet study. There are also closed carrels on the second and ground floors that can be reserved if you desire an enclosed, one-person space.
Reference services are available both in-person and online at the times listed below. For online chat reference, visit the Library FAQs page or the Library Catalog. The chat reference window is the 'Ask Us' box on the right hand side of the page (or the bottom of the page in mobile view). Online chat is also available through our Libguides.
9-11 am, 2-4 pm
9-11 am, 2-4 pm, 7-10 pm
9-11 am, 3-5 pm, 7-10 pm
10 am-2 pm
Computers and Copying/Printing
- The computer lab is available to PTS students, faculty, and staff. Some computers will have an Out of Order sign to indicate that they should not be used to achieve appropriate social distancing in the lab space.
- WiFi is available throughout the building and does not require a password. The network is PTS_Wireless.
- The Xerox copier/printers in the computer lab, ground floor, and on the first floor near the elevator are available for use. Copies and prints are free, and there is also an option to scan to email.