EEBO contains page images of virtually every work printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America and works in English printed elsewhere from 1473-1700. As of December 2018, EEBO contains approximately 132,600 titles, 17+ million pages, and material from 220 source libraries.
Below will show you how to conduct a basic search and view the materials. For further instructions, check out the helpful links to the right.
1. Open Early English Books Online (EEBO) either through the library's website or the link on the right.
2. Enter in your search term(s) either using a basic or advanced search.
3. Click the looking glass icon to view your results.
4. On the results page, you can narrow your search down by publication date, subject, etc. or even modify your search.
5. Click on a title to view more information along with the full text.
6. Once you click a title, you have multiple options:
A. Image full text tab allows you to view thumbnail page images, go to certain pages, and look at pages one at a time.
B. Full text - PDF tab will download the PDF on the webpage via a PDF viewer. You can scroll through the document along with rotate, download, or print the PDF.
C. Details tab will provide more information regarding the document.
D. Related items shows other documents that are related to the one you are viewing.
E. The icons near the top allow you to quickly Download the PDF, Cite, Email, Print, and view All Options.
- All Options provides multiple saving options, exporting a citation (ex. RefWorks), and more.