Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Additional Free Resources
Due to the difficult times during COVID-19, numerous vendors and publishers have been working to provide various free resources. This page will list free resources along with a brief description.
For PTS students, faculty, and staff only:
- Cengage Unlimited - 14,000 eBooks but faculty will need to fill out a form to contact a representative. Students will then need to sign up for a 14-day free trial but students can do as many free trials until the end of the semester.
- EBSCO: Faculty Select - over 12,400 Open Educational Resources. Limit results to OER only.
- JSTOR - Open Access eBooks and journals from JSTOR and Artstor along with all content Barbour Library subscribes to.
For for anyone:
- JSTOR - Open Access eBooks and journals from JSTOR and Artstor through December 31, 2020.
- Ohio State University Press - free access to OSU Press eBooks for the duration of the crisis.
- Open Library - with a free account, books in the Internet Archive can be borrowed (only 1 borrow at a time per book)
- Project MUSE - Open Access eBooks and journal articles. Limit search to "Only content I have access to."
- University of Michigan Press - content is free to read until August 31, 2020.
Electronic Resources Librarian