To search for books in JSTOR, you have two options. The first option is to narrow your results after your search and the other is conducting an advanced search. Both options will be shown below.
1. Enter in your search term(s) and click the magnifying glass icon.
2. On the search results page, you can narrow the results down by content type. In this case, click the box next to Book Chapters.
3. Click "Download PDF" to view the text.
1. Click on the Advanced Search link under the search box.
2. Enter in your search term(s).
3. Before clicking search, narrow the results by Item Type. Click the box next to Books.
4. Then hit the Search button.
5. Click "Download PDF" to view the text.